At District 8, Texas Library Association meeting at CyFair College, on Saturday, October 18th, with 150 librarians in attendance, Poom Taylor reported that:
Rosenberg Library continues to offer services in stages as conditions permit. The library building is not open to the public.
Many thanks to HALS for helping the library with Texpress costs.
· Patrons may now request books for pick up
· Return materials
· Schedule a story time to be held at an offsite location with Children’s dept
· Extension Services will resume outreach for homebound patrons
· The Galveston and Texas History Center, a nationally recognized collection, and the Museum suffered no damage in Hurricane Ike. Special Collections staff is daily monitoring conditions in the archives vault and the Museum storage areas and galleries. There have been no signs of mold infestation in any of these areas.
· Library databases are up
· Library website up
· Library blog up
· Systems up, electrical, alarms, some phone lines
“Books to Go” offers patrons an opportunity to continue their reading habits. Library card holders will be able to check out 3 items at a time by requesting the items via the Rosenberg Library’s online catalog.
Financial contributions to help offset the expenses the Library is facing may be mailed to Rosenberg Library, 2310 Sealy Avenue, Galveston, TX 77550. Checks may be made payable to Rosenberg Library. Due to constraints on space and staff, the Rosenberg Library would appreciate monetary donations only. Our website is up, and donations through PayPal will be appreciated. Your contribution will be fully tax deductible up to the maximum allowed by IRS regulations. The Rosenberg Library is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization.